advices/ tips for new born dr..
by Dr. Ng Kean Seng, CSMU (ukr) 2010
on Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 12:40pm
Hi, congrats everyone for starting another new stage in life. There are some tips or advices to those who started their housemenship, which is a new born.. especially csmu or russia new born doctors
1. Correct attitude
– Correct attitude mean willing to learn, be humble, willing to do more, be friendly n polite to ur colleague or ur superiors, be helpful
– Dun b cocky, dun show unhappy face even though u r, dun b calculative
– Be in the ward earlier, start ur work fast..dun b lazy
2. Study when u dunno a thing
– When ur mo or specialist ask u a thing, or u encounter something tat u dunno, pls learn fast, either online search the info or ask around ..when dunno , dun simply say dunno, say “ boss, I will search it today n let u know tmrw? , thank u for asking me question “
3. Oncall time
– pls be in the ward 1 hour earlier
– Be there earlier to get all the Passover, get to know all the acute cases, ask them agak agak how to handle if emergency happen n if u dunno n write down in a paper.
– Another reason to b there earlier is to secure all the branula in the ward, is to help u reduce ur workload when u r busy, n those hard to set, ask for help to set before ur colleague leave at 5.
4. Be thankful for ur ho leader or ward leader
– They r doing extra works tat dun get paid, so pls respect them.
5. Write down everything that u do in bht
– After u refer a case, or do any procedure, kindly write down n cop in the bht, is to protect urself.. Recently quite a number new baby graduated from csmu or Russian get bad feedback during their works.
Actually I am no one here to gv advices, but I do hope, csmu buddies, pls be smart, pls ask seniors how to survive or adapt.. I believe senior will b helpful n willing to share their advices but v also hv to work hard la..
thank u very much,
Dr. Ng Kean Seng
CSMU (UKr) 2010,
Co-Founder of H.O.W.